Be a Habitat Hero
You may not be able to pick up a hammer to help us build just now, but we’ve put together a list of how you can be a hero to Habitat even in this uncertain time.
- Live Habitat’s values by promoting partnership and volunteerism, and encouraging diversity and inclusion.
- Pray for families still waiting for their forever home and the opportunity of affordable homeownership – especially for those who may be facing loss of income due to this crisis.
- Speak up about housing injustice and inequity, recognizing that everyone deserves a decent place to call home and this pandemic may affect our housing-insecure neighbors in more severe ways.
- Vote to make the #CostofHome affordable. Understand candidates’ positions on improving access and affordability of housing both locally and nationwide.
- Be proactive about building an equitable community through your actions.
- Complete the 2020 Census survey! Everyone counts. Your answers inform many things, including federal funding for housing programs like Habitat for Humanity.
- Be optimistic, be creative, and lift up others. Habitat is built on the idea that with hard work and faith, communities can come together to help each other.
- Give a hand-up to a neighbor in need by making a donation in support of Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity and help us keep our commitment to families waiting for safe, stable and affordable homes.
Posted in: Fundraiser