REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
For Professional Real Estate Services
Using affordable homeownership as an anchor for hope, change, and stability, Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity has been building in the community since 1985.
We are committed to transforming neighborhoods—fighting blight and advocating for fair and just housing policies—while increasing access to affordable homeownership for hard working families and providing access to resources so homeowners can improve their lives and their communities.
We seek Real Estate Services to assist in the purchase of up to 80 single family homes being sold by the Pierce County Housing Authority (PCHA) over the next 24-36 months. The contract for services shall be non-exclusive and for a one-year period ending in 2024, with possible one-year extensions. The RFQ Package will be available on the affiliate’s website at tpc-habitat.org/rfq_october2023.
The RFQ package can also be obtained by email from Amber Lott, email@example.com. Qualification packages should be submitted by 2:30 PM on Monday, October 30, 2023.
Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity
4824 South Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409
Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity (TPCHFH) reserves the right to accept or reject any and all responses, to waive irregularities, and to re-advertise as may be determined to be in the best interest of TPCHFH. TPCHFH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, and handicapped status in employment or provision of service.
Successful applicant will demonstrate alignment with our mission and values:
Seeking to put God’s love into action, we partner with people to achieve and preserve homeownership and to build generational wealth, hope, and opportunity.
To build and foster thriving communities where everyone has a safe, stable, and affordable place to call home, with strong futures for all.
- Homeownership – We believe in the power of people working side by side with volunteers to achieve homeownership, change lives, improve communities, and build hope and generational wealth that can break the cycle of poverty.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We recognize there are systemic racial injustices in society. We believe these must be addressed and overcome in our practices, our programs, and our advocacy.
- Partnership – We build authentic partnerships with people we serve, as well as churches and other faith communities, corporations, community organizations, and volunteers who help us build thriving communities.
- Stewardship – We are responsible to our community and accountable to our donors, partner families, and volunteers to achieve excellence and the efficient use of our resources
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMITTING QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL REAL ESTATE SERVICES
Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity (TPCHFH) is seeking the services of individuals or firms (the Responder) interested in providing Professional Real Estate Broker and consulting services for TPCHFH. It is anticipated that one or more Responders may be selected for a contract period to end on December 31,2024, with the possibility of four one-year extensions.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
a) Assist TPCHFH in the purchase of up to 80 single family homes being sold by the PCHA, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple contracts and offers in a timely way
b) Assist TPCHFH in determining the value of identified properties for TPCHFH acquisition. TPCHFH will pay for any required appraisals.
c) Assist with the negotiation and contract for the purchase of the homes being purchased by TPCHFH on the form and content approved by TPCHFH.
d) Advise TPCHFH, and its staff in matters regarding the purchase, offers, claims, counteroffers, discussions, and issues pertaining to the purchase/sale/lease of the assigned property(ies).
e) Assist with and coordinate closing schedules on purchases by TPCHFH.
f) Attend closings as required, ensuring that TPCHFH receives a copy of all closing documents expeditiously.
g) Attend meetings with staff, their agents, property owners, and other parties involved in the project, at either the request of TPCHFH or as part of the Responder’s work effort.
h) During the feasibility review, assist TPCHFH with efforts of obtaining tests and inspections, plans, right-of-way maps, title searches, title commitments, owner’s title policies, appraisals, and surveys for an acquisition.
i) Provide counsel on title review and closing documents and process.
j) Provide other real property services related to the matters above.
l) Maintain professional courtesy in all contacts with property owners and their agents.
m) Provide TPCHFH with the original and/or a copy of all documents produced by the Responder as a result of the work assigned, if requested.
Compensation for the Responder shall be in the form of real estate commission ether by fee or percentage. The Respondent shall provide the proposed real estate commission rate and fee schedule as part of the response.
ANTICIPATED RFQ TIMETABLE
- Release of Request for Qualifications October 16, 2023
- Response Due Date October 30, 2023
- Evaluation of Responses Completed and Communicated to Responders by November 30, 2023
TPCHFH reserves the right to change scheduled dates.
Responder Required Documents:
- Copy of all applicable Washington Real Estate licenses, Statement of Insurance Compliance, and copy of IRS Form W-9.
- Resume(s) of key personnel who would be working with TPCHFH
- Three Business references
- If a Responder is a corporation, it must be registered with the Washington Secretary of State and be a corporation in good standing
- List any regulatory/license sanctions within the past three (3) years.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The Responder must have been in business at least seven (7) concurrent years with a real estate practice specializing in residential homes in this local market. Please specify numbers of homes sold and transaction volume for firm and any individuals to be engaged in this project.
- Provide details of the Responder’s qualifications for firm and any individuals engaged in the project to include and the specific individuals who will be providing the real estate services, including certifications, resume, and contact information.
- Identify the role that assigned individuals shall assume in the proposed contract with TPCHFH.
- Discuss the Responder’s ability and capacity to perform the necessary project activities in a timely manner.
- Describe Responder’s commitment to affordable housing and any community service your firm supports. Please include any experience you have in working with diverse populations.
APPROACH TO THE WORK
a) The Responder shall provide an approach to the requested services based on the projected scope of work.
b) The Responder may include innovative approaches, cost savings ideas and methods, and any other information considered by the Responder to be advantageous to demonstrate an understanding of the required services.
c) Discuss the manner in which proper coordination and information exchange shall be assured among the Responder, TPCHFH, and other entities or parties in a transaction.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Responders must disclose with their Response the name of any officer, director, partner, proprietor, associate or agent who is also an officer or employee of TPCHFH or any of its agencies. Further, all Responders must disclose the name of any known officer, director, partner, proprietor, associate or agent who is related to any employee or official of TPCHFH.
The Responder will be required to name TPCHFH as an additional name insured with the following minimum coverage’s:
- a) Workers Compensation shall be maintained by the Responder for all employees engaged in the work under RFQ in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington. Employer’s Liability Insurance shall be maintained by the selected Responder at limits not less than $5,000,000 Each Occurrence. Contract employees of Responders are exempt from this requirement.
- b) Automobile Liability Insurance shall be maintained by the selected Responder with a combined single limit of not less than $5,000,000 Bodily Injury and Property Damage in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington, as to the ownership, maintenance, and use of all owned, non-owned, lease or hired vehicles.
All insurance minimum coverages extend to any sub-contractor. The selected Responder(s) is responsible for all sub-contractors.
- c) copy of current E&O Insurance with stated limits.
The CEO will appoint a committee consisting of members of TPCHFH staff and board to evaluate responses. TPCHFH shall be the sole judge of its own best interests, the responses, and the resulting agreement.
All responses must be received by 2:30 PM, Oct 30, 2023
Documents must be emailed, mailed, or hand delivered to:
Tacoma/Pierce County Habitat for Humanity
4824 South Tacoma Way
Tacoma, WA 98409
Attn: RFQ Realtor Services
All responses will be evaluated by selection Committee in accordance with the criteria set forth in the RFQ documents. TPCHFH may conduct interviews/presentations as part of the evaluation process. TPCHFH anticipates award to the Responder or Responders judged by TPCHFH to be the most advantageous and offers the best value to TPCHFH.