Homeownership Eligibility Requirements
- Demonstrated need: paying too much for rent, living with family, etc.
- Willingness to volunteer a minimum of 200 hours (sweat equity)
- Ability to pay approximately $1,000/month toward mortgage, taxes, and insurance
- Lived or worked in Pierce County for the last 12 consecutive months
- Cannot have owned property in the past 3 years
- At least one applicant must have legal residency status
- No felonies in the last 5 years
- No crimes of a sexual nature
- A credit score of 620 or higher
- No open collections, judgement, or liens
- Foreclosures and bankruptcies must be discharged at least 2 years ago
*Future neighborhoods may have lower income limits. Households with $20,000 or more per year are encouraged to attend an information session. Household income includes wages, child support, SSI/SSA, veteran benefits, TANF, retirement, and any other consistent income sources.
If you do not qualify for a Habitat home, you may find additional housing resources on our Community Resources page.